People who piss me off

Wednesday, January 14, 2009 1:23
Posted in category Irritation, Moods, Opinion

Day in and day out, I come across hundreds of people. Had my frustration with dumbness subdued like other emotions do over time, I would not have taken the pains of writing this post. The reason very simply is, there is no dearth of dumbness in the world !

Recently, I made the terrible mistake of choosing IndiGo to travel from New Delhi to Mumbai. I can only hope that these people learn to respect english language, professionalism and customer service. If you are a frequent flier (not necessarily IndiGo), I’m sure you understand what I mean when I say “english language”. Thanks to these kind of air travel operators, the connotation of phrases like “last and final” has taken a big hit. In my childhood days, a “last and final” warning from my teacher was like a matter of life and death. Nowadays, the same phrase sounds like a ridicule. The fact that IndiGo crew makes at least 20 last and final boarding calls before giving green signal to a flight testifies this more than anything. Due to this extreme act of “customer service” by IndiGo, my flight which was scheduled to take off at 0615 hrs actually took off at 0650, hence making me get stuck in the deadly Mumbai traffic, the very thing I was looking to avoid by taking an early morning flight. That half an hour, totally wasted by an ignorant firm for some over-ignorant passengers, made me vow never to fly IndiGo again. I was pissed off big time!

My second example of “people who piss me off” actually arises from the first example. These are the “ignorant passengers” who think that they have all the time in the world when they get inside an airplane and start putting their luggage into the overhead cabins. I despise those passengers who are not mindful of the fact that they are blocking the way for fellow passengers. They also fail to realize that their lousiness also adds to the time the plane is going to take to get ready before taking off. Sad cases!

My third example is from my office premises. For some people, the biggest happiness in life is to disturb others with their stupid cellphone ringtones. They think that they are doing a great service to mankind by making people aware of the newest and latest kinds of ringtones in the market. Sadly, they fail to recognize that there are people around them who are really serious about their work and do not like to be disturbed. The worst part is, when Mr. X’s phone rings with its stupid and creaky ringtone for the first time, the whole group looks at him surprisingly, he mistakes the scorn with attention and does not put his instrument into silent mode. Either this, or that he does not know that there is something called a silent mode in cellphones. I hope its the former, because that makes him less dumber!

My fourth example is a general one. Since the time I am staying out of my hometown, I have shared space with plenty and variety of people. I am a person who likes a level of privacy and mannerism, even if it is with the best and closest friend. I get absolutely pissed off if someone tries to use/uses my stuff without permission. And if I need to use someone else’s stuff, I make sure that I return it to him/her in the same condition in which I borrowed. But some people just do not understand the concept of private property. I will not take any names here, but there was a person whom I stayed with (say Mr. Y). He was obsessed with using my slippers, sneakers, shirts, T-shirts. If at any time I did not find them in my room, his room was the place to look for. And this continued till I did not talk to him clearly. Thankfully, I did not have to stay with him for long.

Today I was watching a repeat telecast of Roadies 6 first task-episode. The 10 people who were selected as safe contained both the dumbest guy and the dumbest gal (obviously my opinion). Maybe MTV’s crew believes that not letting dumb people go increases their TRP. Increase or no increase is not my headache, but hats off to their tolerance!

Other people who piss me off do not even do anything too different to be worth a mention here. As they say, some people are alive only because it is illegal to shoot them.

I think I will keep updating this post as and when I come across more people who deserve a mention here.

My heart goes out to the people who have similar experiences.

Liked the post? Share it!
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Google Bookmarks
  • LinkedIn
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Slashdot
  • Technorati
  • TwitThis

No related posts.

You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

6 Responses to “People who piss me off”

1. Aanchal says:

January 26th, 2009 at 17:20

Its always better to wear slippers than to carpet the whole earth :)

Just went through few more of your blogs… like “Life in the financial capital”.

Well you can’t change the city, the people around you.. All you can do is change your attitude… By cursing, whom do you think its gonna effect??? You only.. It won’t make things any better rather just spoil your mood

Don’t you feel all you do is “crib crib crib”…. Well I don’t say take things as they are.. We are the youth, we need to change the way things are. but All I wanna say is If you see a problem, also try to think of a solution….

ReplyReply
  2. zephyr19 says:

January 26th, 2009 at 18:02

@Aanchal

Thanks for your comments..
    Well.. I do know that all I can change is my attitude.. How else do you think I’ve spent 18 months in Mumbai :P
    I have some solutions for these problems, but i do not have any motivation to spend my time and energy! I’m not a social servant :D . I’m a musafir anyway. Neither do I spoil, nor will I clean .. simple :)

Yes, I crib (LOLZ, but that’s surely not all I do, you need to read more of my blog to find that out). The best part is, the only place I crib is on my blog. And that does not spoil my mood – it makes my mood fine :)

ReplyReply
  3. Aanchal says:

January 26th, 2009 at 19:27

yup, if its only on the blog, its great :)

ReplyReply
  4. Locx says:

January 30th, 2009 at 01:48

Chill maar dude,,
    If you keep on getting tense on such trivial matters you would eventually land up being a patient of high blood pressure, hyper anxiety and all those complex thingies that i cant recall. I recommend watching a daily dose of K series serials to accept there exists a whole army of people who we would love to shoot as a service to humanity but rationally that’s not possible.

The ringtone one is the funniest yet most acceptable irritation in office premises but to tell you the truth small things like this can lighten your highly stressed life at the corporate sector. why don’t you give it a try.. put on some really shady ringtone and enjoy the blissful day at the expense of others around you :P

do tell me the results of this prescription.

locx

ReplyReply
  5. zephyr19 says:

January 30th, 2009 at 08:43

@Locx:
    Dude, thanks for your comments and suggestions.
    Coming to think of it, crazy ringtones do lighten the stressed life, but the stress-buster becomes a source of stress in itself if it happens too often.. what say :D

K serials one was good :)

And, I don’t get tense – I get pissed off !

ReplyReply
  6. Cinderella says:

June 3rd, 2009 at 19:04

Your post reminded me of so many things that used to piss me off terribly. There were moments when I actually thought of getting up and scolding people.. but obv, I never did that. Its good that I never did that, because many a times, I saw other people doing that but their efforts going in vein…as you said.. some people are alive, because its illegal to kill them. But you know wht, gradually I started believing that these people do not exist in my world and interestingly, I do not get pissed off any more.

Have a nice day :)